Female Business Travelers Take Note:
Delta Air Lines Offers Benefits And Special Information For Busy Women
Recognizing that women will account for 50 percent of all business travelers by the year 2000, Delta Air Lines and American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. are launching phase two of a unique program for female business travelers. The focus of "The Executive Woman's Travel Network" is an innovative on-line magazine, through which visitors can obtain travel tips and advice, exchange ideas, and sign up to receive special money-saving offers.
By registering on-line at http://www.delta-air.com/prog_serv/exec_womans_travel/, women can receive valuable information to make business trips easier, safer and more productive.
Through the Web site, visitors also can tap into the expertise of "The Executive Woman's Travel Network" Advisory Council, who will offer advice on a number of topics, including balancing work and family, stress management, travel fitness and more. One of the popular features of the Web site is the Travel Forum, an interactive news group where site visitors exchange insight and tips from their own travel experiences. Some of the more popular tips include:
- When packing, cover each piece of clothing in a plastic dry cleaning bag for virtually wrinkle-free clothing.
- For safety's sake, use only your business address and last name with first initial when traveling, especially on luggage tags.
- Buy travel- and sample-size toiletries and beauty products. Consider products that serve dual purposes (i.e. body/hair shampoos).
- Put all liquids in plastic bottles. Fill bottles halfway and squeeze out extra air to help avoid leaks and bursts. Place bottles in resealable plastic bags to help avoid leakage.
- Call the airline at least six hours prior to your flight to request special meals.
- When making hotel reservations, state your preference for a room on the second to seventh floors, away from stairs and elevators. Restate your request upon check-in.
- Drink plenty of water before and during the flight to help avoid dehydration and jet lag.
- Check with the hotel concierge to determine how much cab fare you can expect to pay to your destinations.
This page is posted by B4-U-BUY for informational purposes. For additional information or questions on the content of this page, please contact the firm or organization mentioned in the text above. Most postings have a web page, street address, or telephone number in the copy.
For comments to B4-U-BUY not pertaining to specific information on this page, click here
B4-U-BUY Home | FYI Main Page | Texas Lottery Results | B4UEAT Houston Restaurant Guide | Business Services | Wellness Resources