Vacation Check List
Before you go, check out this handy reference guide from the travel experts at Kampgrounds of America (KOA).
You can combine the adventure of the outdoors with the conveniences of home when you go camping. You'll find clean rest rooms, individual hot showers, laundry facilities, and a camp store at modern KOA Kampgrounds. Most offer cozy Kamping Kabins, so you can sleep indoors while enjoying the great outdoors. At many locations you can also enjoy hot tubs, saunas, mini-golf, boat docks, and more.
- Make sure your car is in good working order. Although you can't plan for every emergency, check your brakes, fluids, and windshield wipers.
- Call ahead and make reservations. Don't rely on drop-in visits, even when camping.
- Put a stop order on your mail. By simply filling out a card at the post office, you can have your mail delivery stopped while you're gone, and resumed as soon as you return. Ask your newspaper delivery person to hold your papers while you're gone, as well.
- Check your vacation gear. Fishing rods, day packs, sports equipment, and camping supplies that have been sitting unused for months may need some fine-tuning, or even replacing.
- Make sure there's enough time in your vacation so everyone feels relaxed. Families can split up for sightseeing activities, and get back together later in the day if divergent interests need to be explored.
Some locations have cozy cabins available with lockable doors, wood frame beds with mattresses and often electric light.
Start planning your trip with a copy of the KOA Directory, Road Atlas and Camping Guide, available free at any KOA Kampground location. Or visit the KOA Web site at: http://www.koakampgrounds.com/ (NAPSI)
B4-U-BUY | FYI Main Page | Texas Lottery Results | B4UEAT Houston Restaurant Guide | Business Services | Wellness Resources | Comments