Kids' Picks For Outdoor Fun
Creative parents can help their children make the most of every family trip. Here are some tips from the travel experts at Kampgrounds of America (KOA).
Camping out is a great way to enjoy new adventures with your family, while sticking to a budget. If you're not already a camper, it's easy to get started. One option is to stay in a KOA Kamping Kabin. These cozy log structures have lockable doors and sleep up to four people on woodframe beds with mattresses; most also have electric light.
- Send your youngsters on a scavenger hunt. Give each a piece of paper with a list of five or ten things. To complete the hunt, each has to draw a picture or name where on the campground to find each item.
- Pack a small, plastic magnifying glass for each child to use when exploring. Fuzzy caterpillars, twigs, plants and even rocks are much more interesting up close and personal.
- Play I Spy, or pick an object or scene and make up stories about how it came to be that way.
- Don't neglect those old standby games-hide '‘n' seek, tag, and capture the flag.
- Bring a flying disc or a ball for games of catch.
Start planning your trip by requesting a Trip Planner itinerary or using the online KOA Directory, Road Atlas and Camping Guide, available online at: http://www.koakampgrounds.com/ (NAPSI)For comments to B4-U-BUY not pertaining to specific information on this page, click here
This page is posted by B4-U-BUY for informational purposes. For additional information or questions on the content of this page, please contact the firm or organization mentioned in the text above. Most postings have a web page, street address, or telephone number in the copy.
B4-U-BUY Home | FYI Main Page | Texas Lottery Results | B4UEAT Houston Restaurant Guide | Business Services | Wellness Resources