When To Walk -- And Why
How much do you need to walk for maximum results? These walking facts and figures from Walking Magazine might help get you out the door:
- If you're beginning, stick with 10- to 15-minute walks at first and build up.
- For long-term health and to help de-stress your life, walk 30 minutes a day six or seven days a week.
- For weight loss and longevity, walk 45 to 60 minutes per day. Do one or two longer walks (a bit slower if you need to) for even greater calorie burning and take an occasional easy day.
- For performance-level fitness, walk 20 to 60 minutes at a fast pace, three to five days per week, with easier walks interspersed on other days. Occasionally, try alternating fast and slow "intervals."
For more information about walking events, programs, books, resourcesand clubs and for a free copy of Walking Magazine, call 1-800-924-0084.(NAPSI)
- Always consult your physician before starting any exercise program.
B4-U-BUY | FYI Main Page | Texas Lottery Results | B4UEAT Houston Restaurant Guide | Business Services | Wellness Resources | Comments