Car Trip Coping Strategies
(NAPS) We often hear the expression "seeing things through a child's eyes," but few of us take time out of our busy schedules to experience these wonders ourselves. Fortunately, you don't have to be a child to notice and enjoy the little things that make life special.
One way to cater to your curiosities is on a family road trip. To see life anew and your travels from a different perspective:
Make your vacation planning easier by picking up a free copy of the KOA Directory, Road Atlas and Camping Guide at any KOA Kampground or send $3 to: KOA Directory, Dept. NS, P.O. Box 30558, Billings, MT 59114-0558, or stop by KOA's web site on the Internet http:// www.koakampgrounds.com/
- Follow a roadside sign that directs you to a county fair, fruit festival, 4-H show or other local celebration. You will most likely find friendly people, sample homemade goodies and glimpse the stuff North America is really made of.
- Take impromptu "energy release" breaks at roadside parks, scenic turnouts or other places where you can stretch your muscles and enjoy a little fresh air.
- Seek the treasures of the past at a local museum. Often, items lovingly placed in crowded displays will tell a deeper story than well-ordered exhibits in larger institutions.
- Skip fast food "joints" in favor of small cafes or mom-and-pop restaurants. These places often offer a homey, relaxed atmosphere where you can soak up a little "local color" while you enjoy your meal.
- Play "I Spy," the game where you find letters of the alphabet in order on buildings or signs along the roadway. You can also see who counts the most animals, farm equipment, red cars, whatever, as you go along.
- Take your time in reaching your destination. It doesn't make sense to stress everyone out in an attempt to get to your vacation spot to relax. Let the relaxation begin with the trip itself. This way when you arrive, you'll be relaxed and ready to have fun.
B4-U-BUY | FYI Main Page | Texas Lottery Results | B4UEAT Houston Restaurant Guide | Business Services | Wellness Resources | Comments